标题: 《SWORDS OF MARS 》作者:- Edgar Rice Burroughs 【EPUB】 [打印本页]

作者: zaq    时间: 2013-10-2 15:14
标题: 《SWORDS OF MARS 》作者:- Edgar Rice Burroughs 【EPUB】
of the little mountain torrent and the cottonwood trees beneath which stood the tiny cabin where I had been camping for a few weeks in the White Mountains of Arizona. I stood upon the little porch of the cabin enjoying the soft beauties of this Arizona night; and as I contemplated the peace and serenity of the scene, it did not seem possible that but a few years before the fierce and terrible Geronimo had stood in this same spot before this self- same cabin, or that generations before that this seemingly deserted canyon had been peopled by a race now extinct. I had been seeking in their ruined cities for the secret of their genesis and the even stranger secret of their extinction. How I wished that those crumbling lava cliffs might speak and tell me of all that they had witnessed since they poured out in a molten stream from the cold and silent cones that dot the mesa land beyond the canyon. My thoughts returned again to Geronimo and his fierce Apache warriors; and these vagrant musings engendered memories of Captain John

欢迎光临 (http://imap.zasq.net/~zazww/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2